Frito chili pie is always a crowd pleaser, and this recipe is even better because it is all done in the slow cooker! With just a handful of ingredients, and no more effort than just dumping everything in, this Frito pie will be your go-to recipe for a crowd (or just a fun, comfort meal for your family)!
Slow Cooker Frito Chili Pie
In case you have never had Frito pie before, it is basically a chili topped with Fritos (corn chips), cheese, and any other toppings you would like. You don’t even have to brown the meat beforehand in this recipe, as the slow cooker can do it for you!
- Lean ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Chili beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin
- Fritos (or other brand of corn chips)
- Sour cream and avocado (optional toppings)
How to Make Slow Cooker Frito Chili Pie
My favorite recipes are “dump and go” recipes, where you can just open some ingredients and dump everything in! No complicated steps here!
To make the slow cooker Frito chili pie, add the lean ground beef, tomato sauce, chili beans, diced tomatoes, seasonings, garlic, and onion to your handy-dandy slow cooker. Since you are not browning the meat ahead of time, it is important to use lean ground beef for this recipe. You can, of course, brown the meat ahead of time, if you would prefer.
This Frito chili pie can also easily be cooked in the Instant Pot. Brown the meat on saute, then add everything else and set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Simple and easy!
Once everything is in the slow cooker, let the Frito pie cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you did not break up the meat beforehand, you will need to break it up once cook time is done.
To truly make this Frito chili pie, you will need to top the chili with Fritos and cheese! You can also add some sour cream and sliced avocado to finish it off.
Chili is always a good freezer meal, so make a big batch and freeze the leftovers for a rainy day! Be sure to print the recipe at the bottom of this post!
Also, try these other crowd-pleasing recipes:
- Mississippi Pot Roast from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – This popular recipe is not only great for a crowd, but the perfect meal to take to a new mom, a sick neighbor, or someone who just needs a good comfort meal. Once again, the slow cooker does the work for you!
- Walking Oreo Pie from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – Who doesn’t love Oreos and pudding? This walking Oreo pie is a fun twist on Oreo pie that will get your kids excited (and probably you too)! Try this for an easy party dessert.
- Pizza Sliders from Baking Beauty – You can’t go wrong when you combine pizza and sliders! Great for a crowd and super easy to put together!