It’s just about summer time and fried fish just screams summer! This air fryer crispy ranch fish will hit the spot without hurting your waistline. Air fryers have become very popular because you get the crispiness of fried food, without all of the oil. Not only that, but it is way less messy than a deep fryer!
Air Fryer Crispy Ranch Fish
With only 5 ingredients, this air fryer fish is one of the easiest seafood recipes you can make! The breading is made with Panko, garlic powder, and dry ranch seasoning. It can’t get easier than that!
- Panko bread crumbs
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Cod filets
How to Prep Air Fryer Crispy Ranch Fish
This recipe calls for cod fish, but you can use just about any white fish you would like. Mahi mahi, haddock, grouper, and even tilapia would all work in place of cod.
To begin, make the breading for the air fryer fish by combining Panko bread crumbs, dry ranch seasoning, and garlic powder together. You can also add some salt and pepper to taste in this step.
Secondly, crack eggs into a bowl and scramble with a fork or whisk.
To bread the fish, dip the cod in the egg, then into the dry mixture. I like to pat the breading into the fish a little to get it to stick better.
The air fryer fish is now ready to cook!
How to Cook Air Fryer Fish
If you have never used an air fryer before, it’s best to preheat it for about 5 minutes before adding the fish. Firstly, spray the fryer basket with a little olive oil spray, then add the fish in a single layer. It’s important to make sure you do not stack the fish, otherwise it will not crisp up.
Secondly, spray each filet with the olive oil spray, then close the lid. Cook the air fryer fish at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. When air frying, it’s important to flip the fish halfway through, in order for it to crisp up on both sides.
That’s all there is to it! You can finish off the fish by squeezing some fresh lemon on top and serve it with some coleslaw!
Be sure to scroll down to print the air fryer fish recipe!
Also check out some of these other great recipes for summer!
- Easy Shrimp Tacos from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – This no-cook recipe is the perfect summer meal! It is light and refreshing, and the best part, it requires no heating up the kitchen!
- Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – Slow cooker recipes are perfect for summer. Not only can you skip the oven, but the slow cooker does all the work for you, giving you extra time on those busy summer nights!
- Charred Pineapple Salad from Floating Kitchen – Fire up the grill to make this light salad with grilled pineapple (yum!), other summer fruit, and a sweet, vinegary dressing. This is the perfect dish to bring to a summer picnic!
- 2 C panko bread crumbs
- 3 T dry ranch seasoning
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 egg
- 6 cod filets or tilapia
- olive oil spray
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Mix first 2 ingredients together in shallow bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Dip fish in egg, then dip in bread crumb mixture. Store in container with lid until cooking day.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place fish in air fryer and spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes (or until fish is flaky), flipping halfway through. Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze on top of fish.
On Cooking Day