If you are craving Chipotle, but don’t want to spend the money to go out, try making these slow cooker beef burrito bowls at home! This recipe is super easy, only requiring you to dump everything in the slow cooker. It couldn’t get any easier than that!
Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls
These slow cooker beef burrito bowls use roast as the base, slow cooked all day until it’s tender and flavorful. They are then finished off with black beans, corn, avocado, rice, and salad greens, making a complete meal in a bowl!
For the slow cooker burrito bowls, you will need:
- Beef chuck roast
- Chopped onions
- Minced garlic
- Tomato paste
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- Cauliflower rice (or regular rice)
- Salad greens
How to Prep Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls
To make this recipe even easier, you can prep the slow cooker burrito bowls ahead of time. Then, all you have to do is dump the prepped ingredients into your trusty slow cooker and skip the mess!
Firstly, add your choice of roast to a large zipper bag. I prefer chuck roast or arm roast, but you really can use any roast you find on sale. Next, add onion, garlic, tomato paste, and taco seasoning to the bag. Did you know you can buy onion already chopped up for you in the freezer section? If you want to save even more time on these burrito bowls, skip the knife and cutting board and try them out!
After that, finish off by adding salt and pepper to taste and your favorite salsa. Now zip up the bag and give everything a good squish to mix all of those yummy flavors together. Lastly, pop the bag in your fridge until you are ready to cook the burrito bowls. Easy peasy!
For other prep ahead meals to save you time during the week, check out our customizable meal plans.
How to Cook Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls
In order to cook the burrito bowls, add the prepped roast mixture to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the roast is tender and can easily shred.
During the last 30 minutes, add black beans (be sure to rinse and drain first) and corn. Dinner is almost ready!
Lastly, cut up avocado into slices or chunks and cook cauliflower rice according to package directions. Cauliflower rice is lower in carbs, so it a great choice for those that are going low carb. You could, of course, use regular rice in place of the cauliflower rice. I am all about saving money, so use whatever you have on hand! To finish off the burrito bowls, cut up some lettuce and put all those yummy ingredients in a bowl to serve!
Slow cooker burrito bowls are the perfect answer to a busy weeknight! Print the recipe below and share this page!
- 2 1/2 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 C frozen chopped onions
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 T tomato paste
- 3 T taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C salsa
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1 1/2 C frozen corn
- 2 avocados
- 2 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 6 C salad greens
- Add all ingredients to large zipper bag. Zip to seal and squish around to mix.
- Add prepped ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- During last 30 minutes add black beans (drained and rinsed) and corn.
- Shred beef. Cut avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Build bowls with cauliflower rice, beef mixture, salad greens, and avocado.
On Cooking Day
For other easy weeknight dinners, try out these recipes:
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – This recipe is a member favorite and will even get the pickiest of kids on board! Prepping them ahead of time is super fast and the slow cooker will do all of the work for you!
- Easy Shrimp Tacos from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – How does dinner in 10 minutes sound? These no-cook easy shrimp tacos are not only tasty, but so easy and quick to put on the table!
- Honey Mustard Chicken from A Dish of Daily Life – This easy to put together meal is not only makes a great weeknight meal, but is also elegant enough for company!