How does dinner in 10 minutes sound? These no-cook easy shrimp tacos are not only tasty, but so easy and quick to put on the table! They are perfect for busy weeknights!
Easy Shrimp Tacos
The convenience of cooked shrimp is combined with a creamy cilantro sauce, making these shrimp tacos one of the fastest, yet still flavorful dinners ever! Serve it up with a side of black beans and you have a complete meal in minutes!
Ingredients Needed for Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Cooked Shrimp
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Black beans
- Shredded cabbage (for garnish)
How to Make Easy Shrimp Tacos
With only 7 ingredients, these easy shrimp tacos are sure to save you time and sanity in the kitchen. Firstly, combine the cooked shrimp with the greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, lime juice and cayenne pepper. If you are not fond of already cooked shrimp, you can certainly cook your own shrimp (it only takes a few minutes in a hot skillet). Even with that extra step, you will still have these easy shrimp tacos done quickly!
As an alternative to mixing the sauce with the shrimp, you could also mix the sauce ingredients separately and then drizzle on top of the tacos instead. If you decide to go with that route, I would probably season up the shrimp a little with some cumin and chili powder.
Secondly, rinse and drain the black beans and then combine with salsa. This makes for an easy side. Just heat them up in the microwave or over the stove-top! You can also heat up the shrimp, if desired, but you certainly don’t have to.
Lastly, it’s time to build these easy shrimp tacos! Combine the shrimp mixture on top of tortillas, then top with shredded cabbage or lettuce.
In order to make your life even easier, you can prep these easy shrimp tacos ahead of time. To do so, go ahead and mix the shrimp and sauce ingredients together, then mix together the drained beans and salsa and store in a separate container. Then all you will have to do is heat everything up on cooking day!
Now that is an easy dinner! Be sure to print out the recipe for these easy shrimp tacos and share this post with your friends!
- 1 lbs cooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro
- 2 T lime juice
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 16 oz canned black beans
- 1/4 C salsa
- 12 flour tortillas corn tortillas or lettuce cups
- 3 C shredded lettuce or shredded cabbage
- Mix shrimp with next 4 ingredients in a large container with lid. Stir to combine.
- Rinse and drain black beans, mix in salsa and add to small bowl with lid.
- Serve tacos cold (or warm in microwave) on tortillas with shredded lettuce and salsa.
- Warm black beans in microwave.
On Cooking Day
*best on day 1 or 2
For even more taco recipes, check these out!
- Taco Cups from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – Looking for a fun way to spice up tacos? These taco cups are perfect for a party snack, a fun lunch, or even dinner! Your kids are sure to love these bite-sized (or almost bite-sized) tacos wrapped up in a wonton wrapper!
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos from 5 Dinners 1 Hour – If you are tired of the same old tacos, then this is a great way to spice it up! Chicken tacos topped with a pineapple salsa, and better yet, they are cooked in the slow cooker!
- Buffalo Chickpea Tacos from Peas and Crayons – For another twist on tacos, try this vegetarian option! Chickpeas coated with the ever popular buffalo sauce, paired with pickled red onions, make these tacos a must try!