Sweet and sour meatballs are great, quick dinner for a busy weeknight! This recipe is a member favorite and will even get the pickiest of kids on board! Prepping them ahead of time is super fast and the slow cooker will do all of the work for you!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
These sweet and sour meatballs are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. This is a “throw and go” recipe: throw everything in the slow cooker and go about your day! You will come home to an amazing aroma and dinner ready to be put on the table! Pair these sweet and sour meatballs with a rice steamer and a side salad and you have a complete meal!
Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper (or fresh)
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks – drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs
To Serve with Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
- 2 bags of frozen rice steamers
- Side salad
Favorite Frozen Meatball Brands
For a list of the best tasting frozen meatballs, check out this article from Taste of Home. Frozen meatballs are just so quick and easy, but if you prefer to make your own, check out this recipe from Lil’ Luna. Make a big batch and freeze them for later use! Many grocery stores even have fresh made meatballs by the meat counter.
How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- To begin, dice the bell pepper (if using fresh). To prep ahead of time, add the bell pepper and pineapple chunks, water, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar to a large zipper bag.
- Lastly, add the cornstarch. The meatballs will be added on the day you are ready to cook the sweet and sour meatballs.
- On cooking day, add the prepped ingredients to the slow cooker, along with the frozen meatballs.
- Now it’s time to let the slow cooker do it’s thing! Set it for low and cook for 2-4 hours.
Yummy sweet and sour meatballs! Serve it up with rice and a side salad.
If you love meatballs, be sure to check out this spaghetti and meatball recipe and other easy meatball recipes on our classic menu. Do you want to see pictures of the yummy food our members are cooking? Join our Facebook community group and see what our members are making for dinner!
PIN FOR LATER