Slow cooked Mongolian beef will give you all the flavor of take-out, without the price tag! If you are looking for an easy, quick dinner, then give this one a try!
Slow Cooked Mongolian Beef
This slow cooked Mongolian beef uses sliced flank steak and is paired with sweet and salty sauce. The sauce is made up of soy sauce with garlic and a bit of honey.
Often Asian recipes like this require you to go out and buy odd ingredients, like fish sauce or oyster sauce, but this slow cooked Mongolian beef recipe uses everyday ingredients you probably already have on hand!
- Flank steak
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Shredded carrots
- Green onion, for garnish
How to Prep Slow Cooked Mongolian Beef
Like our other meal plan recipes, the slow cooked Mongolian beef can also be prepped ahead of time. This will save you even more time in the kitchen! Because who wants to spend more time in the kitchen than necessary!
To begin with, thinly slice the flank steak. Then, add to a large zipper bag. When slicing flank steak, make sure to cut across the grain or fibers of the meat. This trick works for raw or cooked meat. Also, the thinner you slice the steak, the better. You can pop the meat into the freezer for about 30 minutes to make it easier to cut. Secondly, add cornstarch to the bag and shake around until all the meat is coated with the cornstarch.
After that, it’s time to put together the sauce that makes this dish Mongolian beef. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, and soy sauce to a small bowl with lid. Then, add water and honey. If you really want that garlic flavor, then use fresh garlic because it is more potent in flavor.
How to Cook Slow Cooked Mongolian Beef
The best part of this slow cooked Mongolian beef recipe is that the slow cooker does the work for you! I don’t know about you, but I love coming home to the smell of a yummy dinner!
Once cooking day arrives, add the flank steak and prepared sauce to the crockpot. Then, set to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cook time, add the shredded carrots. Together with some steamed rice and sugar snap peas, this slow cooked Mongolian beef is a complete Asian dinner, without having to go for take-out!
That is it! Be sure to scroll down to print and share this slow cooked Mongolian beef recipe!
Also, check out these other make-at-home Asian inspired recipes!
1. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken from 5 Dinners 1 Hour
2. Honey Sesame Chicken in the Slow Cooker from 5 Dinners 1 Hour
3. Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice Casserole from Cotter Crunch
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 green onion for garnish
- 16 oz frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 bag frozen brown rice steamer
- Thinly slice flank steak and add to large zipper bag.
- Add cornstarch to flank steak. Zip to seal and shake to mix. (you want all the meat coated in the cornstarch)
- Add next 5 ingredients to a small bowl with lid. Shake well to mix.
- Add flank steak and sauce mix to crock pot, mix well and cook on low for 4 - 5 hours.
- Add carrots last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Cook rice and snap peas according to package directions.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with rice, snap peas and fortune cookies.
On Cooking Day
PIN FOR LATER