This slow-cooked honey sesame chicken recipe is one of many that keeps us from ordering Chinese takeout. Making food like this at home will show your taste buds who’s boss!!! Ditch those processed take-out foods and make some fake – out, take – out with real food ingredients.
You don’t have to make this ahead. You can just toss it all in the slow cooker and cook it tonight. This is just one of the many yummy recipes on our Clean Eating Meal Plan. Who says clean eating is boring?
Super easy. I made some frozen sugar snap peas and brown rice. Use any extra sauce to pour over everything because MO flavor is MO better!
I mean look at this! Who needs take out when you can make this with REAL food ingredients at home. NO MSG needed! Real food y’all! I can pronounce EVERY ingredient in this dish. Yum, Yum, Nom, Nom, Nom…get in my belly!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 C honey
- 1/4 C lite soy sauce
- 1/2 C frozen chopped onion
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 t olive oil
- 4 t cornstarch
- 6 T water
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 2 bag frozen rice steamer
- 16 oz frozen sugar snap peas
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place first 8 ingredients in large zipper bag. Zip to seal and squish around to mix.
- Mix last 2 ingredients in a small container with lid.
- Pour chicken and bag contents into slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours.
- Add sugar snap peas the last hour of cooking time.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cook time. Stir to combine.
- Before serving, sprinkle chicken with 2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
On Cooking Day