Because we love sandwiches in this house, these easy chicken Caesar sandwiches are a staple. Since these are also made in the slow cooker, you can come home to a quick dinner that will keep you out of the drive through!
Slow Cooked Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
The slow cooker does the work of cooking the chicken and then the chicken Caesar sandwiches are topped off with a creamy homemade Caesar dressing that brings it all together.
These chicken Caesar sandwiches are great for those dinners on the soccer field sideline because you can wrap them up in foil and take them on the go! For that reason, these are great to always have a batch on hand.
How to Prep Slow Cooked Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
In order to save time on cooking day, go ahead and prep the chicken Caesar sandwiches ahead of time! Firstly, season the chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
Afterwards, it’s time to make the yummy Caesar dressing. To begin with, combine the greek yogurt (make sure it is plain) and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl with lid. Secondly, mix in the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. In case you eat gluten free, you can substitute liquid or coconut aminos for soy sauce.
If you like your sandwiches extra saucy, then double the sauce mixture.
How to Cook Slow Cooked Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Once it’s time to cook the chicken Caesar sandwiches, put the prepped chicken and chicken broth into the slow cooker and set to low for about 6 hours. I love the slow cooker because it keeps my kitchen clean and it means I don’t have to stand over a stove!
When the chicken is finished cooking, it’s time to put it all together to finish off these delicious chicken Caesar sandwiches!
To begin with, shred the chicken. Then, add the prepped Caesar sauce to the chicken and mix well. Finally, stack the yummy chicken, along with lettuce, on top of buns. Together with some fruit and chips, these chicken Caesar Sandwiches are the perfect meal to eat on the way to a game or other event!
If you are looking for other on-the-go dinner recipes, then check out these portable dinner ideas!
- Black bean and corn quesadillas – 5 Dinners 1 Hour
- Sheet Pan Bean and Chicken Burritos – 5 Dinners 1 Hour
- Chicken Avocado Pita Sandwich – The Cookie Rookie
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 C fine grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1 pkg whole wheat buns
- 3 C salad greens
- 3 C fruit any kind
- 1 bag chips any kind
- Add first 3 ingredients to large zipper bag. Zip to seal.
- Place remaining ingredients in a medium container mix well and cover with lid.
- Pour chicken mixture plus chicken broth into slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Drain liquid and shred chicken with two forks.
- Mix chicken mixture with yogurt mixture and serve on buns with lettuce and extra parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve with fruit and chips.
On Cooking Day