This is an old favorite at our house. These Tex Mex Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas ROCK!! If you are feeding a crowd, you can crank half a dozen these out pretty fast if you bake them in the oven.
Give the canned beans a good shower.
Toss everything in a bowl or large zipper bag if making ahead or making big batches to freeze for later. This recipe freezes great and gives you a super easy go-to meal on a
lazy rainy day.
Mix it up!
Assembly line the tortillas on a pan sprayed with non stick spray. Oh how I love the assembly lines in food prep.
Use a one cup measure cup if you want to make things easy on yourself. You can make 5 of these using the one cup as a scoop.
Top them each with another tortilla and brush with some melted butter or spray with non stick spray. The butter tastes way better by the way.
Bake in the oven. 5 quesadillas at ONCE! It is a quesadilla miracle.
Serve with your favorite fixin’s and you got yourself a FIESTA!
- 15 oz black beans
- 3 T frozen chopped onions optional
- 1 C frozen corn
- 1 T brown sugar or honey
- 1/4 C salsa
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 2 C Monterrey Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 6 C salad greens
- 1 bag frozen brown rice steamers
- taco toppings (salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cheese)
- Rinse and drain black beans and add to large zipper bag with remaining ingredients. Zip to seal and squish to mix.
- Scoop 1 cup bean mixture onto tortillas. Top with another tortilla and place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- Spray quesadillas with cooking spray and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve with green salad, and taco toppings.
On Cooking Day
Double or triple this and freeze for easy weekend lunches.