Who needs a drive thru when you have dinner like this waiting to just pop in the oven for 20 minutes? You can make food fast at home and control the ingredients so you can still have fun foods like burritos without the guilt of feeding your family low quality ingredients from fast food chains. This Sheet Pan Chicken Burritos recipe was a huge success in our house!!
Grab a deli roasted chicken and shred it up or if you can find already shredded, get that. I like to stock up on deli chickens when on sale and shred them all up and store in the freezer for recipes like this.
Refried beans, taco seasoning, taco sauce (not salsa), cilantro all go in the bowl.
Oops. Almost forgot the cheese. That would have been a tragedy.
Scoop the Chicken and bean mixture onto each tortilla. Just eye ball it. Not looking for perfection here. Just load ’em up.
Fold. Then… fold again. I am sure there is a textbook way to roll a burrito so please do not be offended if I am doing this all wrong.
Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, keep those burritos rollin’..
I stored mine in a container but a zipper bag will work too.
Lid on and in the fridge they go until cook day. *All my recipes are written in prep ahead format to make weeknight cooking super easy. You can read more about that HERE.
They get a little crispy in the oven. Like a chimichanga. If you like softer tortillas, then cover with foil instead.
- 4 C shredded cooked chicken I used deli rotisserie
- 1 1/2 T taco seasoning
- 1/4 C taco sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 1/2 C shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro optional
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1/4 C taco sauce
- 1/2 C shredded Mexican cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro if desired
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 C salsa
- 6 C salad greens
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fill each burrito with about 1 - 1 1/2 cups bean mixture and roll up.
- Store in a large container with lid or large zipper bag.
- Place burritos on large baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- Spoon a small amount of taco sauce over each burrito.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Top each with cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
- Serve with chips, salsa and salad.
On Cooking Day
Hope you enjoy this Sheet Pan Chicken Burritos recipe and be sure share us with your friends and family on Pinterest and Facebook.
Hasta mañana mis amigos!!
PIN FOR LATER