These baked pesto chicken tenders have easy 5-minute prep time. Please the whole family with this one-dish dinner. Melty, cheesy, savory greatness! Shake everything up in baggies for easy cleanup. If you prefer to mix in a bowl, go for it. I prep all my meals ahead so I use baggies.
The Best Baked Pesto Chicken Tenders
So here is how this went. I was starving and had to film this recipe and totally forgot to take pictures with my good camera so here ya go. Video but a tiny little picture from my iPhone that just doesn’t do it justice. Forgive me for being to “hangry” to get good pics for ya.
Make sure you some make extra if you are unsure about having enough for leftovers because you will want them. You could even pile this up on some crusty bread for an amazing sandwich! I cannot wait to try this as a sandwich. If you do it, let me know how it turns out.
This is one of my favorite dinner recipes.
Chicken Cooking Tips
Don’t be afraid of chicken. It’s actually one of the easiest meats to cook. In fact, this is such a simple recipe that it’s great for beginning cooks.
If you need them, check out these tips for cooking with chicken.
What do you need to make these Baked Pesto Chicken Tenders?
Just a few ingredients, one baking dish and that is it.
- 18 chicken tenders
- 1/2 C jarred basil pesto sauce
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Yep. That’s all there is in a pesto chicken tender dinner. So let’s get cooking.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Pour half of pesto sauce in large zipper bag. Add in the chicken tenders and shake well to coat.
- Add chicken tenders to baking dish.
- Add the remaining pesto sauce, the tomatoes and the cheese to another large zipper bag. Zip and squish around to mix.
- Pour over chicken and cover with foil.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Dinner is READY!
Serve with a green salad and use the extra sauce for dipping.
Last time I made this baked pesto chicken tenders dinner, we had zero leftovers which I was totally bummed about… because I really was looking forward to having it again for lunch. Oh well. Happy family and I will just have to make extra next time.
Pesto Chicken Tenders Video
Here’s a video showing you how to make them. You’ll see just how easy they are to make for your family.
More Amazing Chicken Recipes
Here are some more chicken recipes you should make next. You will love all of them.