The key to easy mixin’ is softening the cream cheese to room temp. I did this in the microwave. I may or may not have pushed 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds. Cream cheese EXPLODES in the microwave, in case you were wondering. Use a covered container or be patient and let it sit out on the counter for a bit to warm up.
If I had a bag of big Frito’s, I would totally be eating this as a dip right now.
Here is the
best optional ingredient. Add a big ole pile of them if you can take the heat.
What does one do when they make a big batch of cheesy jalepeno greatness and don’t have sandwich bread or giant Frito’s? They use what they have. That’s a toasted wheat hot dog bun.
P.S. If I had bacon on hand, it totally would have gone in this recipe. Bacon + Cheese + Jalepeno = Mom of the year!
- 3/4 C mayonnaise
- 3 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 jar pimentos small
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 6 jalepeno slices chopped (optional)
- 1 package sub sandwich rolls
- 1 lb grapes any color
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Scoop mixture evenly onto sandwich rolls and store in a large container with lid.
- Wash and dry grapes and store in large zipper bag.
- Serve sandwiches with grapes.
On Cooking Day