Napa Cabbage! The new Kale. Well maybe not but it is a great base for a salad. It tastes like a lettuce-y cabbage. Try out this easy to make Asian BBQ Salad
Toss all dry ingredients in a bowl. A big bowl so you don’t have salad flying everywhere while you toss.
I mixed the dressing right in my magic bullet cup.
Because it’s easy and I can keep the cup in the fridge until ready to use. This is NOT a paid endorsement by Magic Bullet, darn it.
Portion out how much you need and toss with dressing. I eat this for lunch for a few days so I mix in small single serve portions.
Cool, crisp and full love vegetables. Great for summer.
It is hearty enough for dinner. Toss in a fortune cookie for dessert and BOOM, it’s a meal.
You can even add a little honey to the dressing if you like it sweeter.
- 1 deli roasted chicken
- 1 pound napa cabbage
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hoison sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey optional
- Salad: Chop chicken (discard bones), napa cabbage, green onions and cilantro and add to large bowl with lid.
- Add carrots and almond to chicken mixture. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to toss salad.
- Dressing: Mix all dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or bowl with lid and shake well. Store in refrigerator until ready to toss salad.
- To Serve: Toss salad with dressing right before serving.