Slow Cooker Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole!!!
I love enchiladas. I L.O.V.E. love them. Especially sour cream chicken enchiladas. They can be a bit labor intensive so I made them into more of a casserole. This easy to make Slow Cooker Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole will cure your ills!!
You prep ahead, if you want, then just toss in the slow cooker and mix well.
Cook for only 3-4 hours because it uses cooked chicken so your just baking it through. Great for Sunday brunch!
I could eat the whole pot! I won’t. Not in one sitting anyway. I hoarded some for lunch the next day….and the day after.
Use a mild green salsa. Be sure to find mild unless your family can take the heat!!
Ohhhh fiesta on!! Man it tastes good!!
Check us out on Facebook and share us with your family and friends…. get more recipes and meal plans HERE!!
Be sure to check out our easy Lazy Lasagna recipe too!
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 C cooked cubed chicken
- 1 canned green chilies small
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/3 C green salsa
- 2 C shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 bags frozen rice steamers
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 C salsa
- Cut tortillas into wedges and place in a large zipper bag.
- Chop cilantro and add to another large zipper bag.
- Add next 5 ingredients (only use 1 1/2 C of cheese) to cilantro. Zip and squish to mix well.
- Add tortillas and chicken mixture to slow cooker sprayed with non stick spray. Mix well and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Add remaining cheese and cook until melted.
- Cook beans and rice according to package directions.
On Cooking Day