Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
Did some one say shrimp boil? In a crock pot? Yes we did!! Who says you can’t have party food on a Monday? This is how you put the F-U-N into any night of the week. Need a simple shrimp recipe for dinner. Look no further. Want to spice up a Sunday? What about a Friday night seafood festival? Yes of course you can! Any day is perfect for a shrimp boil.
Just look at that picture. You guys up for some seafood now? Some spicy sausage? Is your mouth watering? Yes and yes and yes.
What do you need for a shrimp boil in a crock pot?
Pretty simple really. A large crock pot – 6 quart size.
Some shrimp. Potatoes. Sausage. Corn on the Cob. Some Crab boil seasoning bags and Old Bay Seasoning.
Seriously. It is that simple to have a seafood boil for dinner.
So lets get to it. This shrimp recipe will serve 6 people at dinner.
Maybe 4 though. Why? Because it is that good! People will definitely double up their servings and go back for more.
We tend to make two batches. We have some big eaters and we do not want to run out. Plus we may want some shrimp and sausage for lunch.
- 1 pound of smoked sausage
- 1 1/2 ounces of a crab boil seasoning bag
- 2 1/2 pounds of small new potatoes
- 8 frozen mini corn cobs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds of large raw shrimp unpeeled [the peels help hold in the spicy goodness]
- 4 Cups of water
- 6 Cups of salad greens [side dish]
- Slice the sausage into 2 inch pieces and place in large zipper bag.
- Leave the crab boil bag intact.
- Add crab boil and next 3 ingredients to the sausage bag – potatoes, corn cobs and Old Bay.
- Zip to seal and squish around to mix.
- Place the sausage ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Add 4 cups water to the mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. [potatoes will be soft when done]
- Add the shrimp in at the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Remove all ingredients from liquid to serve.
Dinner is ready – Family Style!
- Serve it Family Style – all dumped in one place and come and get it.
- Toss it all on a few sheets of news paper
- Put out some plates
- Sound off and dig in
- Serve with side of green salad
Lets make this shrimp boil in the Crock Pot
Who loves the crock pot like we do? It is just such a great invention. You just let your slow cooker do the work for you.
Drop it in the crock. Set the temperature. Set the time and walk away.
We love easy to cook meals here.
Shrimp Boil from the Crock Pot!
Newspaper serving platter anyone? Yep – ME!!!
Set. Game. Match.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.