Creamy ranch chicken pasta is an easy slow cooker meal, making it especially nice for busy weeknights! I don’t know about you, but my kids love ranch and pasta, so this is the perfect kid-friendly meal!
Slow Cooked Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta
This slow cooked creamy ranch chicken pasta is loaded with flavor! Not only does it have cream cheese to give it a smooth, creamy texture, but the chicken is also seasoned with dry ranch seasoning for that yummy ranch flavor. In addition, the pasta is cooked at the end right in the slow cooker, so you only have to dirty one dish!
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth
- Spaghetti noodles
- Cream cheese
How to Prep Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta
You do not have to prep the creamy ranch chicken pasta ahead of time, but it sure does make it nice to already have the chicken seasoned before cooking day! So, all you need to do to prep is add the dry ranch seasoning and minced garlic to the chicken. Put it all in a bag and give it a good massage to incorporate the flavors into the chicken.
If you are not a fan of pre-made seasoning blends, then try this homemade ranch seasoning from Mother Thyme! I always keep a mason jar with homemade ranch seasoning in my fridge. And I actually like it better than store-bought!
How to Cook Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta
Once it is time to cook the ranch chicken pasta, add the prepped chicken and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Then, set it to low and cook for about 6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through).
After the chicken is cooked, take it out of the slow cooker and set the slow cooker to high. Add the noodles and cook for about 20 minutes, or until al dente.
While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken into a bowl. Whenever cutting up chicken, these handy salad choppers make it so much easier! I know they are called salad choppers, but I use them a lot more often to quickly cut up chicken.
Finish it off!
Now it is time for the creamy part of the ranch chicken pasta: the cream cheese! In order to get the cream cheese incorporated, cut it into small chunks and let it sit with the chicken to warm up. Cover up the bowl to keep warm while the noodles cook.
Lastly, once the noodles are done, add the chicken and cream cheese mixture back in and give it a good mix. Dinner is finished, and your kitchen should still be clean!
Serve the creamy ranch chicken pasta with green beans, salad, and breadsticks and your kids’ tummies will be super happy! Our classic meal plan has lots of recipes to choose from for any picky eater kids you might have!
If you are looking for more kid-friendly recipes, then try these out!
- Crispy Tortilla Chicken Strips – 5 Dinners 1 Hour
- Tator Tot for Dinner Casserole – 5 Dinners 1 Hour
- One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta – Adventures of a Nurse
- 3 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 T dry ranch seasoning
- 1 T minced garlic
- 4 C chicken broth
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 C salad greens
- 1 box Texas Toast
- Add all ingredients to a large zipper bag.
- Add chicken mixture to slow cooker along with broth and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and place in a medium bowl with lid. Shred with two forks and set cream cheese in same dish as chicken to soften. Cover to keep warm while noodles cook.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Add noodles to slow cooker and cook for 20-30 minutes or until soft. Stir halfway.
- Mix chicken and cream cheese well then mix into pasta before serving.
- Cook green beans and Texas toast according to package directions. Serve with green beans, salad and Texas toast.
On Cooking Day
PIN FOR LATER