Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
This Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole is a family favorite. Yes this one pan dinner has all the great ingredients needed for success. Cheese. Sausage. Hash Browns. In one pan.
This baked casserole dinner is perfect for pot lucks dinners too. Because it is really easy to double up for a crowd. Baked in one pan for quick clean up. Which makes me giggle with delight. Seriously, I get really excited for a dinner that only makes a small one pan mess. Gone are the days of 4 pots and pans to wash after dinner every night. Who has time for all that?
Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
If you are busy like me. You are lucky to just get the family fed from a drive thru on some nights. This is where having meals planned out ahead of time can really save the day and save you from greasy fast food, yet again. Can you say mom guilt? Try out this sausage casserole is and show the family the super mom we know you are.
- 1 pound of smoked sausage – nitrite free
- 1 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese [we like to shred our own cheese but packaged is ok too]
- 1/2 Cup of frozen chopped onions
- 1 bag of frozen hash browns – organic if possible
- 3 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of arrowroot [gluten free recipe – use flour if not into that]
- 1/8 Teaspoon of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Cups of milk
- Slice sausage links into 1/2-inch slices [bite size]
- Add to large bowl with the next 3 ingredients – cheese, onions and hash browns.
- Melt the butter and mix in the next 3 ingredients – arrowroot [or flour], paprika, and add salt and pepper [to taste]
- Pour the butter mixture over the sausage/cheese/onion/hash browns in the bowl and mix well.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Pour all the ingredients into a casserole dish.
- If prepping for later, cover with plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator.
- Uncover and pour 1 1/2 cups milk over casserole [if prepped ahead]
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until top begins to brown and sauce is thickened.
How easy is that? VERY!! And oooooh so good. You family will love this hash brown casserole. Careful though, it will go fast. So if you want some for leftovers, make an extra batch.
I love that I can now find organic frozen hash browns and nitrite free sausage. We love to grate our own cheese of the block. Which makes me feel like I am doing better at this mom thing. Knowing I am putting better food in my families mouths like this cheesy sausage hash brown casserole.
I say triple this Cheesy Sausage Hash Brown Casserole up and make several of these at once. Toss a few in the freezer because this recipe makes a great breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Who does not love hash browns at all times of the day?
Cant Go Wrong Here!!
This is goodness right here. With a one pan dinner like this, you too will impress the family any day of the week.
Need a sleepy wake up breakfast? Want to load up with all the carbs and proteins needed for those long weekend game days.
Maybe you just love a breakfast for dinner?
Need a cure for the Monday morning school blues?
How about a cheesy hash brown casserole for all your needs. This one pan dish has it all. Meat, cheese and potatoes. What else could you need. Maybe sneak in a finely chopped up fresh veggie? Yep easily done. With all this cheesy goodness, you can hide anything in there.
You have Spicy Needs?
Yes we do too! If you want to, you can jazz this up with some spicy sausage or pepper jack cheese for some added WOW!! Like we mentioned earlier, want to get the daily does of vegetables.
Need to build the base of the food pyramid? Easy enough, just toss in some frozen mixed vegetables for a more well rounded meal.
As with all of our meals, possibilities are absolutely endless. We give you the bones for a great meal and you just tweak them to your liking.
This recipe is a clean gluten free version so you can totally swap out the arrowroot for flour if you are not into that.