One pan Tortellini Primavera. Loads of veggies and as can be seen, super easy to make. I don’t make many stove top meals because I feel like dinner should be able to cook without standing over and stirring. This recipe happens to be an exception to the rule. Just let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
It really goes all in the pot at once and simmers. I don’t do the meals you have to cook before to cook them. Like boil pasta, THEN put it in a pan to bake. No way. What genius thought of cooking twice for one meal?
You could easily use all frozen vegetables for this one too. Makes it even easier to keep the ingredients on hand for a night when you just don’t have a dinner planned. Buy triple batches of all the ingredients needed and you have 3 easy dinners waiting for any time you need a quick and healthy dinner. You can even freeze the parmesan cheese.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 C frozen chopped carrots
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 C water
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 2 C cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- 6 C salad greens
- Chop zucchini and squash into bite size pieces and add to large zipper bag.
- Add remaining ingredients and zip to seal.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a large saucepan on stove top. Add tortellini, cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until veggies and tortellini are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Slow Cook Option: add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well. Serve with salad.
ingredients needed for assembly
ingredients needed for cooking
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and Facebook and share with your friends!!