Looking for a healthy dinner for families on the go? Then this quick and simple grilled salmon dinner is for you. Glazed and prepared with a Dijon mustard sauce, this will be a definite hit with your family. Serve with brown rice and broccoli or what ever veggies your family fights for. Check below for the recipe.
Check out how easy, short and simple the ingredient list is!! Yep that is all there is too it.
4-6 wild caught salmon fillets
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoons of crushed garlic
Slice salmon fillets into 3-4 pieces and place in large storage container. [easier to cook and coat with glaze]
Mix next 4 ingredients in small container and use 3 to 4 tablespoons of this marinade mixture to spread over salmon pieces. Cover with lid.
Cover remaining marinade mixture with lid and reserve for serving.
If not cooking right away, store fillets in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Just remember that this dish is best cooked fresh within 3-4 days of preparing the fillets.
Grill salmon on indoor our outdoor grill until desired done-ness. We like ours to be flaky in the middle.
Drizzle with reserved marinade/sauce.
While grilling the salmon, take this time to cook your rice and veggies in the microwave. We love these rice steamers. Just grab a couple from the freezer, plop them in the microwave and there you have it. Rice is cooked.
*Options to Salmon
If you are not partial to salmon, this recipe can be easily adapted to fit you and your families taste buds. Just swap out the salmon for any white fish. Such as cod, bass, catfish, or tilapia. We prefer to go with cod or catfish as long as it was caught in the wild and not farm raised.
- 6 salmon fillets
- 4 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 T soy sauce
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 t minced garlic
- 20 oz broccoli florets
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bag frozen brown rice steamers
- Place salmon in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with non stick spray.
- Mix next 4 ingredients in small container with lid. This is the marinade. Spread 4 tablespoons of marinade mixture onto salmon fillets. Cover remaining marinade mixture with lid and reserve for serving.
- Add broccoli to a large piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold up to make a packet.
- Grill salmon on indoor or outdoor grill until it flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved marinade/sauce. Grill broccoli packet on outdoor grill or place in 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
On Cooking Day
*Non-seafood eaters, use chicken breast or steak. Grill until desired doneness.