Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak!!!
I took my almost famous Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak recipe and tweaked it just a little for the better. This time it has a cream gravy!! Ohhh my goodness. It is like a warm hug on a plate. The best comfort food ever!!
The original recipe (with a brown au jus type gravy) has over 10 million views on Facebook. People LOVE it so I wanted to see if I could amp it up a bit.
A few tricks to this recipe –
1. do not use too much liquid. You only need a little otherwise the meat won’t brown. It will be pink. Rest assured, it is cooked, just doesn’t brown.
2. it works best if you fill your slow cooker 2/3 full (as with any slow cook recipe) so if your crock is large, you may want to double this one to help fill it up.
3. if you don’t want to double the recipe, then reduce the cook time and use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
This nostalgic recipe takes me back to the days of TV dinners in foil pans. Remember the brownie that always burned? For some reason, I loved that burnt brownie. Maybe because it was on the side of salisbury steak. I know I just aged myself but for the record, I was really, really young when those TV dinners came in foil pans. ;)
- 6 formed hamburger patties lean
- 1 T steak seasoning Montreal
- 12 oz fresh sliced mushrooms optional
- 1 1/2 C frozen chopped onion
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 C beef broth
- pepper to taste
- 16 oz frozen peas
- 1 bag frozen mashed potato steamer
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- Sprinkle hamburger patties with steak seasoning.
- Store in large container with lid. Use wax paper between layers.
- Add last 5 ingredients to medium container with lid.
- Spray slow cooker with non stick spray. Add meat patties.
- Shake broth mixture well and pour half over meat patties.
- Repeat layers.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook 15 minutes on high.
- Cook peas and potatoes according to package directions.
On Cooking Day
Looking for more easy recipe videos? Check out our Video Library!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and Facebook and share with all your friends cause everyone needs a warm hug from comfort food!!
Enjoy Happy Eating!!
PIN FOR LATER