Watch how to make easy Chicken Tortellini Soup in the Slow Cooker. This one is great to keep in the freezer for friends when they are not feeling their best. Nothing better than a hot bowl of chicken soup!
Chicken Tortellini Soup
I made a big pot of this Chicken Tortellini Soup, had a bowl for lunch and poured the rest into mason jars and stocked my freezer for cold season. Homemade is always better, basically more flavor, less sodium in a homemade soup which equals better for you.
Double it if you really want to stock up the freezer because it is good! Really, really good!
The prefect thing to have on hand for one of those dreading mornings you wake up with a sore throat.
Nothing better than a healing bowl of chicken soup and crackers.
We are stocked and ready for cold season, a rainy day or just a day I don’t feel like cooking dinner.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or 4 thighs
- 2 C frozen chopped carrots
- 1 C frozen chopped onion, celery, pepper blend
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves dried
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 C water
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 1 package cheese filled tortellini 9-12 ounces
- 1 loaf French bread or package of crackers
- 6 C salad greens
- Add all ingredients to a large zipper bag.
- Pour chicken mixture into slow cooker with chicken broth and water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. *Instant pot cook 30 minutes (soup setting).
- Shred chicken with two forks and remove bay leaves.
- Add tortellini, mix and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad and crusty french bread or crackers.
Ingredients Needed For Assembly
Ingredients Needed On Cooking Day
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and Facebook and feel free to share our 5dinners blog with all your friends and family!!
Stay warm my friends!!
PIN FOR LATER