What is Zaycon Fresh Foods?
You can think of Zaycon Fresh Foods as a type of food co-op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. ; Have you ever been a part of a food co-op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature. Buying via a food co-op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It’s a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?
This program is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods. They are a nationwide meat coop. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1-3 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure ;the requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of login will vary depending on the month! Current sale code: PT20 for 20% off expires 4/30/17.
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don’t even have to get out of your car. Just pull up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your Zaycon Fresh Foods order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions about Zaycon Fresh Foods.
Grab some of our freezer recipes and put full meals into the freezer instead of just the meat. This will save you loads of time later on.
Pork tenderloins are available for pick up in just a few weeks!
Use coupon code: PT20 for 20% off! This makes chicken breasts only around $1.50 lb!
THAT is a fantastic deal!
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
For one thing this method can save you about 40% on your grocery bill! Meat is the most expensive item we buy. This saves us so much money.
- The cost is 30-50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that’s a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are handpicked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found. Love that they make sure quality is never skimped on.
- It’s convenient! Great place to expound on how buying meat just a few times a year and having it on hand helps with time, meal planning and prep. It can help you with your 5 dinners meal plans because your most expensive part of the meal is already in your freezer. You can cut your grocery bill by 2/3 if your freezer is already stocked with meat.
- They have a great reputation, high rating including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere. You no longer have to hope that chicken is on sale this week at the grocery store because you have a freezer full! I have never seen chicken breasts priced as low as Zaycon at any grocery store.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy! This is the general process for any meat selection, but if you are referring a specific product, provide additional steps to find that specific product.
- Log on to the Zaycon Fresh Foods site and register or login. HERE
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being offered.
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout. Current coupon code: PT20 for 20% off
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.”
- Wait for your pickup date/time!