WE LOVE SLOW COOKER BEEF TACOS!!
Really I mean, I could eat them every day. My kids love them and they are so easy to make. This recipe is one of our favorites using a beef roast and your slow cooker. Dump all ingredients in the slow cooker and walk away. After work you will have about 5 minutes of dinner prep time. That’s it! Easy! Faster than the drive thru!
I love to make the Slow Cooker Beef Tacos in 5-6 batches and fill my freezer with easy go to dinners. I pile all the ingredients into freezer bags. Label and stack like books in the freezer.
When we need a quick dinner or a craving for tacos, we just pull out a bag of the Slow Cooker Beef Tacos, thaw in a bowl of water or fridge overnight. Toss into the crockpot slow cooker and let it do all he work.
We always have taco shells on hand along with cheese, rice and frozen or canned corn so this meal is ideal when nothing was planned for dinner. Sometimes that still happens even though I almost always have prepped dinners in the fridge thanks to my Family Combo Meal Plan Membership.
It saves my sanity on busy weeknights. Having dinners prepped and in the fridge is a life saver every night at 6pm! I could never go back to stressing out about dinner or have the guilt of spending $40 on drive thru that is the worst quality food I could feed my family. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good drive through taco every now and then but love it even more when I can serve a healthier version with less work than driving to the fast food taco stand.
Some of our other favorite taco recipes we think you may enjoy:
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Tacos – 5 dinners 1 hour
20 Minute Turkey Tacos – The Slow Roasted Italian
Fresh and Easy Taco Meat – The Laughing Spatula
We hope you love these
Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
as much as we do. If you are looking for easy dinner time recipes, check out our Meal Plan Membership that includes tons of easy recipes like this one.
- 2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 15 oz cannned diced tomatoes
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 mini frozen corn cobs
- 2 avocados
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 12 taco shells
- taco toppings (salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cheese)
- Place all ingredients in a large zipper bag. Zip to seal and squish around to break up meat.
- Wrap each corn cob in foil. Store in refrigerator.
- Pour taco meat mixture into slow cooker. Cover with a sheet of foil and place foil wrapped frozen corn on top. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Serve with tomatoes and avocado and taco toppings: (lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream/plain yogurt)
On Cooking Day
*Use a potato masher to break up meat if needed.